20 Apr Demo corner invitation: 10-11 May, 1.30 / 2.30 pm
Demo Corner activities will take place on 10 and 11 May, from 1.30 to 2.30 pm. They might be an interesting occasion for all the participants to find out about the approaches developed by the FoodIntegrity project in matter of food authentication strategies.
The activities will include the following demonstrations and interactive events:
- FoodIntegrity Knowledge base, an information resource on food authenticity and fraud detection: description of the database and demonstration of the resource’s functionality.
- Infographics for mobile devices about food chain vulnerabilities, fraud identification technologies and analytical methods: demonstration of use.
- “Chinese consumer attitudes to food fraud”, a study of Chinese consumers’ attitudes towards the safety and integrity of imported European foods: short description of the survey and its outcomes.
- “Do you really think you know the fish you eat?”: interactive demonstration.
- “Sensory analysis of olive oils: do you recognise adulterated products?”: tasting session and demonstration of the relation between oils’ organoleptic properties and their quality and authenticity. Please note that the EVO oil tasting session will take place on May 10th, 1.45 – 2.15 pm.
- Demonstration of authentication of spirit drinks and sensory analysis of whisky; investigation of available and potential future methods for spirit drinks authentication.